Since April of 2012, the Fort Mill HS Band has been collecting scrap metal as a fundraiser. We make monthly trips to area scrap yards and sell the scrap metal we have collected and sorted.
Scrap Metal We Collect
- Aluminum (Cans, Sheet, Gutters, Cast, Wheels) *Note: Please leave aluminum cans in original condition; partially-crushed cans are harder for our pneumatic can crusher to compress.
- Copper Pipe and Wiring
- Carbon (Regular) Steel
- Stainless Steel
- HVAC Units (Residential and Commercial)
- Washers, Dryers, Stoves, Refrigerators
- Vehicles and Car Parts
- Filing Cabinets
- Electric Motors
Scrap Metal We Do Not Collect
- Chain-Link Fencing
- Fence Posts with Concrete Attached
- Soup/Vegetable/Tin/Pet Food Cans
- Aluminum Foil/Pie Plates
- Metal Objects – With a lot of wood/plastic/non-metal attached to it.
All proceeds benefit Fort Mill HS Band students. The Fort Mill District Band Booster Club is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit.